Monday, March 21, 2011

To serve

Boy, our church service really sent a clear message on Sunday. We had a great speaker who really challenged me! He discussed Jesus in all of his greatness and yet the greatest man to ever live was the most serving man to ever live. Wow. To think on the day that he knew he would be slain in such a horrendous incomprehensible death, he, Jesus Christ was washing the feet of the disciples! Wows! Now don't be lining up on my front door for a foot wash and massage cause you probably just need to leave the shoes on :)!

Anyway, it did cause some reflection. I have been in a serving profession....well for a long time. When I first went into nursing, I really felt that I could do some things to help people . I got a lot of compliments and requests from patients whon would request me by name. Well after about 13 years of nursing, most of which have been ER nursing. Let me tell you, ER nurses are especially
easy to fall victim of being jaded and condescending! I am one of those nurses. There to draw a pay check and really not much more.the emergency department client ale are not the most pleasant or understanding, whichnkeeps it difficult. The management teM always sees the bottom line and cost figures , not the end result on staff morale or patient care. So these are all reasons for my jaded outlook! Now I have seen some light sine out from somewhere! I took a prn job in day surgery along with the ER job. I. Found that the character and caring of the day surgery nurses is far different from my ER peers. I also find that my mood is much better when I am around them! Also the patients seem to be more easy going! Anyway just seeing the difference along with sundays message, I'm making baby steps.
Today I worked in the ER. Monday in the ER is ALWAYS torture!!!! Today I kept telling me in my head to serve. You are here to serve. Well maybe it wasn't me... Maybe God spoke to me through the surmon. Anyway I can't say everyday will be a walk in the park, but I'm going to put out some effort to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment